I often get asked when is the best time is to look for a role and the best way to answer that question is to know when do you want to be settled in your new job.
If the answer to that is early next year, the best time to start looking for that position is now. Firms and companies typically hire in October/ November for a late January/ February start.
Many people come back from Christmas break eager to start looking for a new role and are disappointed to find out that not only is recruitment in Australia very quiet until around Australia Day (when Partners and key decision makers return from long summer breaks), it is also the most competitive time to look for position.
When you factor in that a typical recruitment process takes approximately a month to 6 weeks to complete, waiting to start your process in the New Year may not see you in your new position until after the Easter school holidays.
The Australian legal market is currently very buoyant and in the last week we have been briefed on the following roles in Sydney.
· 3-6 PQE Corporate (Private Equity), global firm
· 2-4 PQE & SA- Projects- Top tier firm
· 2-5 PQE- Class Actions/ Regulatory Litigation- Global firm
· 2-5 PQE- x2 Arbitration role- Global Firm
· 2-4 PQE- Construction Litigation- Top tier firm
· 3-6 PQE- Professional Indemnity- National firm
· 2-4 PQE & SA- Property Law- Global firm
· 3-6 PQE- IP Litigation- Top Tier
· 3-6 PQE- Patent Litigation- Global Firm
· 2-4 PQE & SA- Funds- Top tier firm
· 4-6 PQE- Commercial- Boutique firm
If a move to the UK was a more attractive option, Kensington Parry are working on several active roles, some of our most recent positions are highlighted below.
· 3-6PQE x2 - Bank Finance at a leading US firm and leading UK firm
· 2-4PQE - Private Equity at an exceptional US firm
· 2-5PQE - Corporate M&A at a top tier US firm
· 2-5PQE - Corporate M&A/ECM at a leading UK firm
· 3-5PQE - Employment at a leading US firm
· 4-6PQE - IP/IT at a leading UK firm
· 3-7PQE - Real Estate finance at a leading US firm
If you are interested in learning about more market or know of someone that is, please pass on my details. At Kensington Parry we offer a $1000 AUD gift voucher* (to a store of your choice) as our way of saying thank you.
For a confidential discussion my number is 0413 823 687 or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Payable after successful completion of probation.